Artist in Residence
Experience the joy of creativity and movement through the BodyVox Artists in Residence program. Students will work with a partner to develop choreography that reflects the specific content of the individual program, and by the end, will have the opportunity to perform their original choreography for their classmates.
BodyVox Teaching Artists interact with your class in a series of classroom sessions that give students a long-term creative experience.
Planning/Reflection Meetings - $75
Classroom Teaching - $75/ 50 minute session (based on 5 sessions)
Lesson Planning (1 per grade band) - $75
Standard IRS Mileage Rate
For more information or to schedule a residency please call 503.229.0627 or contact email@example.com.
Components of the Artists in Residence Program Include:
- A planning meeting with school teacher, principal, and BodyVox Teaching Artist.
- Five classroom sessions, once a week, 50 minutes each, 30 students per class.
- A culminating performance during the last classroom session.
- An evaluation meeting with school teacher and Teaching Artist.
- Learn the curriculum topic through directed and free dance movements.
- Work with a partner to improvise collaboratively and develop choreography.
- Share/perform their choreography for their classmates.
- Reflect about the work by speaking in small groups, and writing/drawing in journals.
Residencies can take place during or after school. If the educational needs of your classroom differ from the residencies offered below we are able to adapt to different educational or curriculum areas in most cases.
Our “Making Science Dance” Program - Grades 2-5
In this residency students will generate choreography that explores the forces, pathways, and relationships present in the solar system. Through dance improvisation and working with a partner, concepts of rotation, axis, gravity, and orbit are explored.
Making Plants Dance - Grades K-2
Students will explore concepts of seed germination, plant development, and pollination as they develop choreography with a partner that explores the forces, directions and relationships present in the life cycle of plants.
Making Physics Dance - Grades 6-8
In Making Physics Dance, students will explore dance as both an art and a science while developing their own choreography. Students will analyze and measure motion in terms of reference point, speed and velocity - drawing connections with basic principles of Physical Science. Dance improvisation and group work allows students to use their own bodies as a tool for discovering and understanding the science of motion. At the residency’s conclusion each partner group will have the opportunity to perform their original choreography for their classmates. Join BodyVox in experiencing the joy of creativity and movement.