Education / Outreach
ARTIST IN RESIDENCE
Experience the joy of creativity and movement through the BodyVox Artists in Residence program. Students will work with a partner to develop choreography that reflects the specific content of the individual program, and by the end, will have the opportunity to perform their original choreography for their classmates.
BodyVox Teaching Artists interact with your class in a series of classroom sessions that give students a long-term creative experience.
COMPONENTS OF THE ARTISTS IN RESIDENCE PROGRAM INCLUDE:
- A planning meeting with school teacher, principal, and BodyVox Teaching Artist.
- Five classroom sessions, once a week, 50 minutes each, 30 students per class.
- A culminating performance during the last classroom session.
- An evaluation meeting with school teacher and Teaching Artist.
- Learn the curriculum topic through directed and free dance movements.
- Work with a partner to improvise collaboratively and develop choreography.
- Share/perform their choreography for their classmates.
- Reflect about the work by speaking in small groups, and writing/drawing in journals.
If the educational needs of your classroom differ from the residencies described, we are able to adapt in most cases. Virtual programming, or a hybrid of virtual and in-person learning is available upon request.
For more information or to schedule a residency please call 503.229.0627 or contact email@example.com.