BodyVox Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Mission Statement
BodyVox is dedicated to the creation and performance of innovative dance works that entertain, inspire, and uplift audiences of all ages. Considered among America's most innovative dance companies, BodyVox is known for its visual virtuosity, distinctive wit, and unique ability to combine dance, theater, and film into breathtaking productions rich in imagery, athleticism, and humor. We view dance as a powerful, inclusive language for communication because it is nonverbal, capable of bridging cultural differences and generations.
We aspire to share this mission with all communities and populations. The doors of the BodyVox Dance Center are open wide, and we welcome and include all people. We understand there is a persistent gap based on characteristics such as race, gender, country of origin, ethnicity, culture, disability, age, religion, gender identity, and sexual orientation. Together with the barriers imposed by poverty, this gap can impede achieving our vision and require a more active response to surmount.
BodyVox commits itself to:
* Appreciate the dignity and worth of all individuals.
* Invite honest and dynamic discourse on the issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
* Develop within our own operations, programs, and create a spirit and discipline that advances equity, diversity, and inclusion.
* Nurture an open and welcoming working environment.
* Promote the dismantling of structural and cultural barriers to individual achievement.
* Use our resources towards the goal of making the BodyVox Dance Center a place in which all people feel truly welcome.